Friday, July 27, 2007

GW has fallen into long term disfavor with the American Public

--by Mike Adams

Alright, so for two years GW Bush has had a disapproval rating of sixty percent or higher. What went wrong? He is a war President…why don’t the American people love him anymore?

From my perspective, this is a good thing…sort of anyway. After all, it was the American people who allowed him to steal the 2000 election. It was the American people who questionably re-elected him in 2004. Now all of the sudden, the American people don’t like him…why not? Why the sudden rush of distrust and why is it that Congress has such low approval ratings particularly Democrats in Congress?

I don’t know what to make of it all…it disturbs me on a personal level, that the American public is so flakey and ready to follow a goof ball into the gates of hell, but then turn on that same imbecile along with the pseudo opposition party, because we don’t like the heat.

I often suffer from the niggling suspicion that most of the American Public decide about political elections based solely on information presented in political advertisements reinforced with some network television news like fox “news” and occasionally, someone might even read a few news articles from nationally circulated periodicals. What this means is that the American public makes political decisions based on lies and half truths.

To be honest, I can’t stand GW Bush…I haven’t ever been able to stand him though…I voted for his ‘opponent’ in 2000 and in 2004. I raised money to get other people elected President and I campaigned in my local sphere. The troubling thing to me is that despite GW having been a miserable, anti-democracy, crony pandering, dishonest, anti-constitutional excuse for a President, I can’t bring myself to like the Democrats much more than I like the Republicans.

I know that many of the most egregious activities that our government has committed under Republican rule would probably not have happened or at least it wouldn’t have been exposed under Democrats and we wouldn’t be in a position of either being outraged or embarrassed or both…but really are the Democrats much better?

Why hasn’t any Democratic Presidential Candidate been willing to champion fair and free elections, real Universal Health Care, investment into our educational system? The answer is because they answer to the same special interests that the Republicans do…I hate to admit it, but I am starting to think that Ralph Nader was right…I suppose that even a megalomaniacal election ruining rabid individualist can be right on the big questions…go figure.

I’m not saying that we should vote for Ralph Nader in 2008…I intend to vote for the Democratic Candidate. But I also intend to keep writing letters to my elected officials and try to have them make some political decisions which will result in a positive change for my family and other American families. I don’t know that it makes any difference…but I keep writing the letters anyway…it certainly doesn’t hurt.

While I don’t particularly admire Democratic law makers…I don’t believe our current dysfunction with regards to Governance is the fault of Congress…instead, I lay that responsibility squarely on the shoulders of the American public. Voting is a civic duty…which requires a little more effort than simply watching TV. We make incredibly important decisions at the voting booth…our decisions chart a course which will have a profound impact on our own lives and the lives of millions for years to come. We ought to stop acting as if voting requires the same level of care that buying a new car does…our elections may very well be, the most important decisions we make...and we can't even bother to know what we are voting about.

In 2000, 2002, 2004 and 2006, a fraction of the American people went to polling places to participate in a sacred duty. Many of us arrived at voting locations without having done any real research on the various people and/or issues that we would be voting on. We make decisions which in reality have the power of life and death. In Iraq, several thousand Americans have died and nearly one hundred thousand Iraqi civilians have been confirmed dead…that happened because of decisions we made over the last few years.

I say it’s time to wake up America…grow up America…take voting seriously and at least have a clue of what you are voting about and who you are giving power to.

If this article offends I offer a very small apology and I suggest that you read a self improving book.

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Good evening

    Great share, thanks for your time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Afternoon

    This post was interesting, how long did it take you to write?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! :-)
My wife says comments save fairies. I mostly just want to know that the traffic hits I get on my statistics aren't Russian Spam-Bots!